To live the gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice, and joy.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SSVP) serves the needy within our parish boundaries with non-perishable food hampers. Hampers may be requested once every 4 months. If you have a desire to help our neighbors in need, please call our phone line and leave your name & phone number.
Monthly meetings held on 3rd Tues. of the month at 7 pm in the Conference room. Share Sundays are 2nd Sunday of the month. Baskets containing slips of paper naming a pantry need are passed to the congregation after communion. Please take a slip and purchased the item named. SSVP donation box is at the back of the church. Cash donations are also welcome!
Merry Christmas from SSVP. Your support during the year brings relief to many. Thank you for all you do especially at Christmas & may God bless you in 2017!
Go to the poor; you will find God.
Phone: (403) 204 8918.
About Society of St. Vincent De Paul (SSVP)
Saint Vincent De Paul (1581-1660)
- named patron of works of charity by Pope Leo XIII
- Patron of Society of St. Vincent De Paul
Blessed Frédéric Ozanam (1832-1853)
- Founder of Society of St. Vincent De Paul
- Believed that faith must be translated into action
Dr. Joseph Painchard, Jr. (1819-1855)
- Established first Society in Canada in Quebec in 1846
Calgary Conference was founded in 1931
Our members are called Vincentians
Our Blessed Virgin Mother is the patroness of the Society of St. Vincent De Paul
What do we do for St. Mark's Parish?
- Food collection from parishioners
- Monetary collection envelops in SSVP food box – Charitable Receipts Issued
- Schools collect food items for SSVP
- Emergency food hampers of non-perishable food delivered year round with the exception of July
- Grocery gift cards are given to clients to buy perishable food items such as milk, eggs, fruit, and vegetables
What can you do as a SSVP volunteer?
- Pack hampers
- Deliver hampers
- Shop for food items when needed
- Organize, clean and sort food room
- Monthly meetings
- Answer SSVP phone lines and make initial contact with clients in order to establish needs. Keep Stats.
- Supervise Bishop McNally students and staff who pack and deliver food hampers once a month
Statistics about SSVP
Clients can access food hampers every 4 months as SSVP is an emergency service.
- 20 to 40 food hampers are delivered per month
- 40 to 95 adults are severed per month
- 40 to 70 children are served per month
- $1200 to $1500 grocery gift cards given out with the food hampers each month
What does SSVP do for Christmas?
- Parish Families help pack hampers and deliver hampers for about 100 families on a Saturday before Christmas
- Parishioners donate either gifts or gift cards for children under 16 years. The gift cards empower the parents to purchase gifts for their children.
- Parish and Schools collect food items.
- Bishop McNally students and staff pack and deliver hampers to about 20 single adults.
Meeting Times and End Notes
All parishioners are invited to join SSVP in helping the poor
Meetings - 3rd Tuesday each month
Thank you for your continued support!