Starting on August 15th and 16th, we will no longer require online pre-registration for our Weekend Masses. Instead, we will have walk-in registration on a first come first serve basis. The doors open 30 minutes before Mass to sign in and the doors will remain closed once the Mass begins. If the number of attendees reaches the limit in the church (100 including priest and volunteers), the doors will be closed immediately even before the Mass time. The same procedure applies for our Weekday Masses.
We continue to follow diocesan guidelines (https://bit.ly/2XowMA1) for everyone’s safety.
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. The dispensation of the faithful from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place until decreed otherwise by the Bishop. No one is obliged to attend Holy Mass while this dispensation is in effect.
2. Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk. Attendees and volunteers from demographic groups that are at a greater risk of serious illness, such as people 65 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions, are encouraged to stay safe by avoiding public gatherings, but are not prohibited from attending Mass if they so choose.
3. You can provide your contact information voluntarily for the purpose of contact tracing.
4. You will be asked to answer the Self-Assessment Questions during registration. Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness, returned from travel outside Canada in the past 14 days or had a close contact with somebody who is confirmed as having COVID-19, must stay home.
5. As per the City of Calgary bylaw 26M2020, everyone is expected to bring and wear mask or face covering. You may decide if you want to wear your mask while you are seated in the pews provided the required distancing is followed. It is mandatory that you wear a mask upon entering and exiting the Church and importantly while on the Communion line for the reception of Holy Communion. During Communion, please receive the communion in your hand without opening your mask, then go to the spot marked yellow aside, stand there, open the mask, and consume the communion reverently. To avoid the risk, please do not consume the communion while walking or standing near someone.
6. Please use the hand sanitizer provided when you enter and exit the Church.
7. Please occupy the pews with yellow markings only. Families with small children are allowed to sit together at the back pews with RESERVED signs.
Thank you for your cooperation. God bless!