For God and Canada
We welcome all women from the age of 16 and up, Catholic and non-Catholic alike. Join our supportive, nurturing sisterhood that strives to serve our parishes, communities, country and the world with joy and a great sense of fun.
As women, we understand that attending every meeting is not always possible; we encourage you to join us whenever you can., to see the CWL as a place for you, a place where others share your values as we all seek to grow in our faith and put that faith into action. We welcome the gifts and talents you have to offer.
The CWL has a place for you, a place where others share your values as we all seek to grow in our faith and put that faith into action. We welcome the gifts and talents you have to offer.
The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to all. As disciples of Jesus, our aim is to be Christ-centred in faith and in action.
Contact: Margaret (Marg) Inkster at 403.863.2130 or at email@example.com
Website: Catholic Women's League Website
The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada
1. to achieve individual and collective spiritual development
2. to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church
3. to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life
4. to protect the sanctity of human life
5. to enhance the role of women in church and society
6. to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
7. to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world
8. to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace, and harmony
For God and Canada
Executive – First Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. (except during the summer)
General – Second Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. (except during the summer) at St. Mark’s Parish Hall
President - Margaret Inkster
President-Elect - Dorothy Hall
Vice-President - Dorraine Robb
Secretary - Alice Dietrich
Treasurer - Andrea Clark
Past-President - Elizabeth (Liz) Northam
Spiritual Development - Suzanne Sherry
Communications - Donna Mae Bartole
Community Life - Dorraine Robb
Education and Health - Dorothy Hall
Legislations and Resolutions - Unfilled
History and Archives - Elizabeth (Liz) Northam
Christian Family Life - Andrea Clark
Cost - $30.00 per person, aged 16 or over
Membership year - January 1 to December 31
Dues are payable beginning October to February
Membership form - PDF downloadable
There are several types of membership within the Catholic Women's League:
1. General Membership: A Catholic woman, 16 years of age or over, may become a member, with voting privileges and with eligibility for office by election or appointment.
2. Life Membership: A member, nominated by a diocesan or provincial council, fulfilling the criteria established by the national executive, may be awarded a life membership in the national council.
3. Honorary Life Membership: a distinctive honour bestowed on a member who has served as national president
4. Associate Membership: A non-Catholic woman 16 years of age or over may become a member with voting privileges, but without eligibility for office by election or appointment.
We humbly pray You, O God our Father,
to bless the Catholic Women's League of Canada.
Bless our beloved country,
our homes and families.
Send Your Holy Spirit upon us
to give light to our minds
and strength to our wills
that we may know and fulfill
Your great law of charity.
Teach us to share with others
at home and abroad,
the good things You have given us.
This we ask through Our Lord Jesus Christ
and the intercession of our patroness,
Our Lady of Good Counsel.
For the glory of God and the good of God’s people,
I promise as a Catholic woman to
honour, invoke and imitate our patroness,
Our Lady of Good Counsel.
I promise to be a loyal member of
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada
and to promote its interest and growth in every way.
I promise to cooperate with officers
in all programs under their direction
and to conform to the best of my ability
to the bylaws of the organization
in all League activities.
Prayer to Our Lady of Good Counsel
Mary, Our Lady of Good Counsel:
filled with the Holy Spirit,
you were a faithful disciple of Jesus, your Son.
Intercede with your Son for us
that we may be faithful to our baptism,
fervent in prayer,
and generous in the service we give
to our sisters and brothers.
May the spirit of the living God,
who graced you with the gift of counsel,
lead us in the way of truth and love.
With the help of your prayers,
may we come to rejoice forever
with you and the great company of saints
in the kingdom of heaven.
National Website of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada:
Calgary Diocesan Website
Alberta Mackenzie Provincial CWL Website
World Union of Catholic Women's Organizations
World Day of Prayer (Women's Inter-Church Council of Canada)
The Coady Institute at St. Francis Xavier University
Canadian Catholic Organization for Development & Peace
Catholic Organization for Life & Family
Salt & Light Catholic Media
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
Government of Canada
Government of Alberta
City of Calgary